Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Second Offense, and Lockdown

I meant to blog yesterday about this upsetting event, but I had a migrane when I got home from my 12 hour day.
It's about 4:30pm yesterday and Ridley's dad (the jerk I previously wrote about) shows up to pick up his kid. We had put a bunch of butcher paper up between the walls of the room, so that parents wouldn't see the extensive decorating we had accomplished in the classroom. We put up a sign on the front door to the class saying to use the side door to pick your child up outside because the parents weren't allowed in the room. Kevin comes storming outside and starts being all nasty to me. He was all "Well how am I supposed to sign him out then, if I can't even go in the room at all?" I stated that you can still go into the room, just not into the classroom part. To that he angrily retorted "No, no, that's not what the sign says. The sign says I can't go in the room at all." Flashbacks of last week went through my head of what an a-hole he was to me, and this occurance wasn't much different. He was still calling me an idiot who has no idea what they're talking about, just not the same demeaning words as last week. Basically, I'm done being even cordial to him. I am a very forgiving person, even when people don't ask directly for forgiveness, but now, he's had his second chance. There shouldn't have even been a first offense of this nature, but now for it to be the second offense...I'm through. I'm not saying hello or goodbye to him, because it's not like he says anything when he sees me or leaves the room anyway. He is immature and just a straight-up ass, and his kid is getting as annoying as hell too. Can NOT wait for this class to be over on June 11th. I only like a couple of kids in the class, and honestly, I won't miss them too much when they go either.
Today we were on LOCKDOWN. Because our school is within a certain radius of the local prison, whenever there is an escaped convict on the loose, we have to keep all of the doors locked and all of the kids inside all day. It sucks having to keep kids inside for 10+ hours. I look forward to being able to take the kids out for over an hour at 4pm. They get so stir crazy and nuts-o by 4pm, that keeping them inside is challenging, to say the least. As far as I know, they still haven't found the convicts, who apparently are "armed and dangerous". I just hope that they find them tonight, because I don't want to be cooped up for another whole day with the hooligans when it's nice outside. (Well, and the fact that they are armed and dangerous convicts, i suppose);)
On a happier note, I'm glad to be getting things done. I'm on load 3 of laundry, and I finished my Thank-you notes today, and I moved some things into the garage. I ordered my mom some mother's day flowers, which I've never done before, and I'm so excited for her to get them! Still need to cut Smokey's claws, and I really need to vacuum my room, but it's super difficult to when I have tons of crap everywhere from going through totes of things. I had Buca di Beppo for dinner, delicious, but I'm not sure it was worth the $10 I saved with a coupon having to be humiliated asking for a table for one, and sitting and eating there alone. :(
Hopefully Smokey will cooperate with her claws being trimmed! Here I go!

No comments: