Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A boy

I've been a subscriber to eHarmony since January of this year. After 3 and a half months of nothing but hopes being raised and then let down, a rollercoaster of emotions, I've met someone. His name is Jameson Cheung. He's 27, 5'11", lives in Walnut, CA, and works for AMTRAK. He seems like a really interesting and sweet man. He attends a Baptist Church, when his work schedule allows, and also goes to a young adults' group in Fullerton sometimes during the week. I am very excited that church is a big part of his life. Just found out today that he has been a Christian since 2002, a year less than I have. He loves going to the beach, and goes about once a month, and he also plays hockey. One of the best things about him though, is that he LOVES STITCH!! When I saw that on his facebook page, it practically sealed the deal, lol. I mean what 27 year old man loves Stitch?! The perfect man!! He has a dog, and enjoys watching movies a lot. He loves country music, and was born and lived in Knoxville, Tennesee for 6 years of his life. He has a jeep and likes to wear a cowboy hat and boots. (LOVE THAT!!) Everything about him thus far in emailing him sounds great. The one thing that I need to let go of is his English skills. He doesn't use past-tense of verbs, and overall, he sounds like English may not be his first language. I don't know his whole story, and he may not verbally speak the way he types, but shoot, if that is his only flaw, I will easily be able to look past it. (Not to mention, I'm not exactly the most advanced English user in the world, even when it is the only language I speak!!) I've sent him 2 emails and he's sent me two (back), as of tonight. The more I learn about him and hear his sense of humor through his typing, the more excited I get about meeting him someday. I'm not sure when that will be, and with me, I always jump the gun and want to rush things, but luckily, he is keeping his cool with waiting to ask to meet me in person. I found myself today thinking about what our Asian kids would be like. I have always wanted an Asian baby, (I think they're so cute!!) even if that meant someday adopting one on my own or something. But see, this is my point, I haven't even met the guy, and here I am thinking about Asian babies.
I guess I'm also a cynic because I think, oh, we probably won't work out. And how come one of his 115 facebook lady friends doesn't like him? Even though I'm in the same boat with having 199 facebook friends, and not one of those guy friends has liked me. Another thing that doesn't help the cynicism is the fact that we live like 60 miles from each other. That's 120 miles round-trip! Ha, and then this morning I was thinking, well, at least I could take the train right to him! Then there's also my upcoming cross-country roadtrip adventure/ 3.5 month stay in West Virginia.
...But if we were to meet within the next month or so, we could date/ see each other through the summer, and then we could write letters to each other, and email, and call each other until I returned to California. And with his job, it sounds like he takes trips to places in the Midwest, so maybe he could come and visit me and then drive back across the country with me! ....And once again, I get wayyyyy too far ahead of myself with the fantasizing! I don't even know if we are going to work out!!! We may meet and discover that we aren't right for each other after all!! *Sigh*
Anywho. That's the story about the new boy. :)

2 comments:

Maryann said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this, Jess! I hope he knows what a catch YOU are too!

Jess said...

Aww, thanks Maryann! I'll keep updating on any developments!