Thursday, April 22, 2010

immature parents

Yesterday my intelligence and communication skills were majorly insulted. I realize I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but when a parent of a 5 year old tells me to my face that I'm an idiot, it hurts. This parent was a total immature jerk to me, and then as he was leaving the school I found out that he was an a-hole to my assistant director as well. It made me feel a bit better knowing that I'm not the only person he can't stand. I guess it was just the way he said it, "I wish Amanda were here so she could explain it to me" that made my blood boil. I did not like that feeling at all. The feeling of being completely worthless and useless to someone. Feeling like the scum of the earth that isn't even competent enough to explain something as simple as a picture day order form. The anger and shame that I felt were an awful combo.

And then today, enter A.B.'s mom. We've decided that she is officially psycho. She drops her daughter off early, saying that she was in too much of a hurry to do her hair, and that she'll be back at 11am to do her hair for pictures. Well, our picture time wound up being earlier than planned and so she was all frazzled when she showed up and we were already getting the pictures taken. She did her hair in the most rediculous style I have EVER seen a parent do their child's hair. In a flipped-under bun on each side of her head, right above her ears. It was Princess Leia reminiscent. Or some sort of an animal, maybe a dog, with big floppy ears. And then she had to put the cap on. The photographer was like "ummm... this is going to be problematic..." I laughed so hard on the inside, so as to not make fun of this lady's idea of a cute hair style. Then, in case the hair drama wasn't enough, she didn't want her daughter's yellow shirt showing underneath the robe. But she didn't want to mess up the hair when taking her shirt off... so she literally RIPS the shirt off of A.B. (after contorting her arm in such an awkward position that A.B. screamed in pain). But then, oh wait, the robe is not closed at the top enough so as not to show her mostly bare chest. So she frantically starts looking around the room for something to close the robe. She spots a paperclip and clips it together. She makes sure that the lip gloss on her daughter's 4 year old lips is nice and glistening in the spotlight and coaches her into a "pretty smile... good job, good job, good job, good job, good job".
Psycho lady. And this incident was just one of the MANY shennanigans that we put up with from her.

After yesterday and today, I am less saddened about leaving Sunshine in a few months. The only thing at this point that I will miss about SoCal is my best friend, Amanda. I hope that we do continue to visit each other once I live 365 miles from her. :(

1 comment:

Maryann said...

Oh man, I can't believe you have to put up with these parents! Their poor children.