Saturday, December 12, 2009

Quickly Approaching Christmas

What is it that actually makes the Christmas season feel like Christmas? I've been doing lots of things to try and make myself believe and feel like Christmas is in less than 2 weeks. I put lights up in my room, hung stockings on the wall, listened to Christmas music nonstop, made Christmas cookies; but none of those things have convinced me. I think the true meaning of Christmas is to remember the Ultimate Gift that God gave to us, His son, Jesus the Christ. To be reminded that we are to love because He loved us first. I think I will feel the Christmas feeling when I finally get home where my brother, sister and mom live. When I hug my dad and visit my grandma. When after waking up early to open presents, we are enjoying our Christmas morning bagels with all of the fixings together. When I feel like I belong, and nothing else really matters.
I have done very little today, and it has been wonderful. I have read HP7, took a nap, caught up on SYTYCD, all the while with my window cracked open, listening to the rain that has continued all day long. My kitty has been curled up next to me, sleeping the day away (though I have contimplated keeping her awake all day so that maybe she will sleep through the entire night, not waking me up) and it's just been a very peaceful, restful day.
I can't wait for my trip up to the Bay Area in 11 days so that I can embrace the Christmas feeling of being with family and remembering what love is.

No comments: