Friday, July 10, 2009

Moving

I'm pretty sure there isn't a person on this earth that would say, "Oh, MOVING!?! I LOVE MOVING!!" Even if you are moving from an old, rundown apartment to a MANSION I still don't think there is much that is enjoyable about packing up 2.5 years worth of crap into boxes and making a hundred trips across town. Sure, I could've saved some hassle (and probably some money, when all is said and done with gas) by renting a U-Haul and only having to make one trip, by myself... but I am cheap. And everytime I have moved in the past 6 years, I forget how much crap I own. I have now saved the majority of my packing for tonight, the night before I am moving. Because it is hard to pack up your things when you need a lot of them for basic everyday things. I've needed blank CD's and a board game, scissors, pens, stamps (okay, so a lot of stationary-related things) but you get the point. All of my clothes and toiletries have needed to wait to be packed, all of the food in the kitchen, as well as some silverware and cookware. So, tonight I have a long night of packing up everything except for a change of clothes and my toothbrush into boxes. I have no clue how long it is going to take to move all of my boxes...everything I own... to a house that is 7 miles away from my current place. The trip takes about 20 minutes through all of the stop lights in town, and so the round-trip travel time is 40 minutes. Not including loading the car, unloading it, and taking strained muscle breaks.
I have many emotions going on within me about moving out of the apartment that I've lived in for 2+ years with my roomie of 4 years. It's the end of an era. Time to start another chapter in this seemingly long book of life. There are things I'm excited about, and things I'm not sure how will work. It is going to be a major adjustment, I can tell you that.
Here's to the joys of moving!!!

No comments: