Saturday, August 15, 2009

scanner and pix

Two days ago I decided it was time to invest in a scanner/copier/printer. I couldn't be more glad that I did. First of all, I got a great deal on it. It was $40 for the scanner/printer ALONG WITH the USB cable, black AND color ink and some pre-cut photo 4x6's. FORTY BUCKS for all of that! Score!! So yesterday I set it up and started scanning. First I scanned in some old photos of myself from '86-'91 that I had shoved in an old tote.
Here are a few:







Then I got started on scanning about 50 pictures of my sister from back in the day and 50 pieces of artwork that she'd made me. My intent for over a year was to make her a scrapbook with a bunch of old photos and copies of the old artwork she made me. But I wasn't sure how to do it on the cheap. I think I will order the scanned pics of my sis from Wal-Mart online and then just print off my own copies of her artwork. I am excited! I hope I can get it all together before Christmas.
Today, I have absolutely nothing planned. It's a very weird thing to have a Saturday where I have NOTHING going on. I did, however, realize this morning that in order to renew my car registration I have to go get a SMOG check. So, i guess i could go do that... Also, I still need to finish HP6, which I have seen the movie twice, but I really want to finish the book. Then there is a stack of about 5 movies that I pulled out of my roommates DVD collection that I would like to watch, and I have a few projects in my room that I would like to complete. So, really, I have a ton of stuff that needs to be done, it's just figuring out where I want to spend my time! I have gotten used to spending Saturdays with Misty and Cat, watching SYTYCD, but not today, apparently. Tomorrow is one of my co-worker's baby shower that (as far as I know) Misty and I are going to.

I wish I were more committed to blogging. It truly is something I want to do more often. I can just be a lazy person at times, I guess.

Let's see if I can keep blogging for a solid week, and then maybe I'll want to keep going from there!! :) I am on a mission, people!

No comments: