Saturday, May 8, 2010

saturdays and beer

Drinking a Fat Tire(courtesy of Veronica introducing this kind of beer to me on our trip to SLO), chillin in my room, trying to figure out how to phrase some things that I want to say to Jameson... like the fact that I don't want to email for 3 months before meeting. And yes, I am one that would tend to rush things, but I don't think meeting in person over emailing is rushing things. Maybe it's me being old-fashioned, but I don't think anything can replace getting to know someone in the flesh. I am not going to be dating or being with the way he can type an email. I can see emailing maybe for a month, tops. We've emailed for a week now, but he has not even mentioned at any point meeting me in person. He told me his long story of three different instances where he met a girl on eHarmony, drove like 300+miles away to meet her, and then, and I quote "It didn't pan out". So not really sure what that means...I'm going to ask him to elaborate a bit on that story because if 'it not panning out' means that they didn't want to do a long-distance relationship, then I don't have too much to worry about...at least for the next 3 months. That's what I'm thinking was the case, and i'm not sure why he had his distance boundary set for so far away... but maybe he thought that a long-distance relationship wouldn't be so much work. Even coming from someone who's never been in a relationship, I know from, well, others, and basic common sense that they take huge amounts of effort to keep communicating and planning trips to see them.

Anyway, I went this morning to the Castaic Lake Water Agency's open house. It was really neat. I got a bunch of free little things, and took the shuttle up the hill to the Conservation Landscaping Center. It had tons of plants that were very pretty that can be grown in our region that doesn't have much water. Lots of roses, and a bunch of other plants that I recognized. I took a bunch of pics, hopefully I'll upload them to my lappy soon, and I'll post some here. I also saw my old co-worker, Susan! It was nice seeing her and chatting for a couple of minutes.
Then I went to Wal-Mart and spent way too much money. I still have a bunch of things that i'd like to get done today, in addition to the email to Jameson, I want to set up Smokey's travel cage, transfer all of my DVD's into a compact case, and pack up all of my books. We shall see if all that will get done in the next 6ish hours.
Weekends go by WAYYYY toooooo fast!!!

No comments: