Wednesday, January 5, 2011

eHarmony and moving

I subscribed for a year last January 30th to eHarmony. I wanted last year to be the year that I met somebody special. Didn't happen. So when I woke up on January 1st, 2011 to two matches that couldn't seem to wait to communicate with me, I was excited. I thought, wow, only a few hours into the new year and already I have a couple of promising matches! I actually started talking on the phone with a guy named Dale by that night. (Record speed- matched that morning, talking that night!) He seemed nice. He is a Christian, has a job and a car and is going to school for Criminology. Sure, he is 34 and living with his parents again, (which, hey, no judgment as I'm about to do the same thing) but he seemed friendly and enthusiastic. We had texted on the 2nd and 3rd, then yesterday I only got 2 or 3 texts from him. Today, none. I'm figuring he just changed his mind that I wasn't what he was looking for after all. :( But you know what, I'm okay with it. Really. I have a lot on my plate right now with having to quit my job and move back in with my dad up in NorCal. I am still holding out for the church in Walnut Creek (NorthCreek church)(about a half an hour away from my dad's house)where I used to go to college group. Not necessarily to meet "the one" there, but to get involved in a social encouraging group of people around my age.
Is it bad that I have absolutely no desire to set any New Years' Resolutions this year? I think I've set the goal of losing weight, just like the rest of America, for the past 5 years. And, just like a large amount of people, am good for a few weeks and then give up. Last year, around April-May I was going to the gym regularly and I lost 15 pounds. I really didn't want to, but I had to quit my membership due to having my hours at work cut and not being able to afford the membership. I had felt like I was becoming healthy, and gaining muscle and strength, and I loved it. I was feeling great about myself, I was fitting in clothes better and people noticed. And then it all went away, I gained the weight back, and clothes went back to being snug. Just like with my church aspirations, I have plans to use my dad's treadmill like crazy while living with him. It will help that my dad is getting back into a healthy lifestyle. He walks a 5k every morning and is eating better. I'm hoping to join in his efforts with him.
Gotta go apply to random places of business around my dad's house... wish me luck.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Lots of changes for the new year. I'm glad you're coming home so you'll have family and friends (especially me!) to support you through it all!